Anne O'Neill Bursary
Anne O'Neill - Musical Director, Chorus Mistress, Accompanist worked in the AIMS and associated circles for 30 years. Always had a soft spot for people trying to "Make it in the business" and supported them in every way she could. Anne has sadly passed on, but she wouldn't approve of anything more than a bursary in her name to help people studying in the field, so that's why this bursary exists.
This Bursary is kindly provided Anne's family in her name and is administered by AIMS. Anyone who is a full time student in a recognised Theatre/Drama School may apply. See below for the rules and eligibility.
- The bursary shall be awarded on an annual basis.
- The AIMS Youth and Education Committee shall have sole responsibility in the final decision regarding the bursary.
- The AIMS Youth and Education Committee shall appoint an independent assessor for selection purposes.
- The bursary shall be advertised in April/May of each calendar year. It shall be advertised in Show Times, on the AIMS website and by any other means deemed to be necessary by the AIMS Youth and Education Committee.
- Notice of the bursary application shall be sent to regional and society secretaries. It is the responsibility of the aforementioned secretaries to notify the relevant bodies.
- Each letter of application shall be accompanied by a detailed personal Curriculum Vitae and two independent referees.
- Each applicant must make themselves available for interview at the discretion of the AIMS Youth and Education Committee.
- The bursary shall be awarded to a sole recipient.
- Recipients may only receive the bursary on one occasion.
- Only those enrolled on a recognised full time theatre course shall be eligible for consideration.
- The decisions of the AIMS Youth and education Committee shall be final in all matters.